PHD2 Stops Guiding After First Dither

Discussions and support related to telescopes control
Post Reply
Howard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Reputation: 0

Dithering has worked for me for a while. However something has changed and I cannot get dithering to work.

If I select a plan with dither turned off, the plan will complete just fine and PHD2 status will stay "Guiding" the entire time.

If I turn on dithering and start a plan, I immediately get a status of "New Server Connection" on PHD2, and after the first image is complete, the PHD status changes to "Paused" and stays that way forever pausing the plan totally.

The "New Server Connection" has to be a big clue as to what is going on.

Any help appreciated!

Howard
jkcolli
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:26 pm
Reputation: 20

In the Gear tab, click on Guide and in the popup window make sure that the following are set:
Guiding Program: PHD2 Guiding

PHD/LG Port: 4400
Howard
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Reputation: 0

Yes, thank you! It was the 4400. For some reason it was set to 4300.
Post Reply