Hello all,
I had an AMF issue that prevented The mount from flipping. Everything was smooth like timer count down to plate solving. But when was time to flip, the mount made a slight movement and stopped. Apt gave an error that AMF was completed in les than 6secs, so it was interrupted.
After many tests, the solution that worked for me was to check strict conformance option under eqmod toolbox. Also make sure that “allow auto meridian flip” is unchecked.
I hope that helps anyone that faces the same problem.
T. Psilopoulos
AMF and EQMOD Hints
Hi,
Thanks for that.
Interesting solution
Out of interested, I have posted a question to the EQMOD forum (basically to Chris Shillito, the EQMOD developer) just to check if there might be any problem with selecting this option: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EQM ... ages/51484
Cheers, Jim
Thanks for that.
Out of interested, I have posted a question to the EQMOD forum (basically to Chris Shillito, the EQMOD developer) just to check if there might be any problem with selecting this option: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EQM ... ages/51484
Cheers, Jim
I've just discovered that if you use the EQMOD "strict conformance" option, then the "APT > Gear Tab > Scope N/S/E/W" buttons will no longer work.
This is because these buttons use the non-conformant "MoveAxis" method, that is provided by EQMOD.
This may be considered a worthwhile loss, to make AMF work. Personally, I never use the N/S/E/W buttons, so something I will consider. Providing we don't find any other unintended consequences.
Cheers, Jim
This is because these buttons use the non-conformant "MoveAxis" method, that is provided by EQMOD.
This may be considered a worthwhile loss, to make AMF work. Personally, I never use the N/S/E/W buttons, so something I will consider. Providing we don't find any other unintended consequences.
Cheers, Jim
Also one hint I may contribute...
When doing AMF I had very close timings defined in Session Craft and the option "Mount Limits" enabled. After the mount did the flip and was trying to find its new position it slightly crossed the meridian when slew and EQMOD immediately stopped the scope (what is correct from its point of view).
So my advise: Stay away from median, when option enabled. I'd suggest at least 5 minutes, better some more... ;)
You can of course you can disable this function, but my last try ended in a capital crash into the pear. I am definitely cured from this idea!

When doing AMF I had very close timings defined in Session Craft and the option "Mount Limits" enabled. After the mount did the flip and was trying to find its new position it slightly crossed the meridian when slew and EQMOD immediately stopped the scope (what is correct from its point of view).
So my advise: Stay away from median, when option enabled. I'd suggest at least 5 minutes, better some more... ;)
You can of course you can disable this function, but my last try ended in a capital crash into the pear. I am definitely cured from this idea!
Clear skies,
Ruediger
Ruediger
Thanks, Brian.
Out of interest, did you-check that the N/S/E/W buttons didn't work with Strict Conformance set?
I've lost track... were you seeing problems with AMF not flipping? What settings were you using? I was thinking of trying Flip Moment as -1, Flip Delay to 5 and Delay is counted after Meridian unchecked. This should ensure the mount is 6min (2.5deg) after the merdian, which ought to be enough.
Cheers, Jim
Out of interest, did you-check that the N/S/E/W buttons didn't work with Strict Conformance set?
I've lost track... were you seeing problems with AMF not flipping? What settings were you using? I was thinking of trying Flip Moment as -1, Flip Delay to 5 and Delay is counted after Meridian unchecked. This should ensure the mount is 6min (2.5deg) after the merdian, which ought to be enough.
Cheers, Jim




