Scripting a time to Stop

Discussions and support not covered by dedicated section
Post Reply
gegolden
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 pm
Reputation: 32
Location: Tucson, AZ

I use scripting a lot doing mosaics. With the changes in Session Craft.. it is even easier THANK YOU. I could use some insight on a particular issue. I have obstructions (my house) from 240-300 degrees and can't go below 80 for altitude at or below. Everywhere else I can use 30 for my horizon. I am on a particular target that I want to image as close to my obstruction as possible. I have the horizon mapped out in CDC and I know how long I can go before the obstruction. I usually try to time my PLAN to stop before the obstruction and park my scope. In session craft on some targets... it's easy with at or below alt or astro night etc. So my question is... If I start my mosaic plan at 20:00:00 and want to stop at 01:30:00 no matter what Panel I happen to be on...do I script a CONDITIONAL STOP in my Plan Script at the beginning line? OR should I clear out my mosaic plan in Session Craft and just use EXECUTE PLAN at 01:30:00 which points to my Shutdown Plan. I have attached some screenshots.Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Yoddha
Site Admin
Posts: 16269
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 833
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Hi Greg,

The easiest way looks to be is setting EXECUTE PLAN at 01:30:00 :)
Clear skies,
Ivo

May the weather be with you!

Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
gegolden
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 pm
Reputation: 32
Location: Tucson, AZ

Ivo,
I will give that shot. I like the ease of putting the mosaic plan into session craft. No worries... I have scripted out the panels in a regular plan. Do you suppose that in a future update in the "SESSION CRAFT" there is another selection under the "On ALT BELOW XX deg that could have...... END PLAN AT xx:xx:xx then a drop down box.. I don't know... maybe that is overkill. Clear Skies Greg
User avatar
Yoddha
Site Admin
Posts: 16269
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 833
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

We can add "END PLAN AT xx:xx:xx then a drop down box" but it will same as "EXECUTE PLAN at x:xx:xx:xx" - the result will be same :)
Clear skies,
Ivo

May the weather be with you!

Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Post Reply