This evening, the gremlins have struck.
I used the set up 7 nights ago without any issue.
Tonight, everything seemed ok, APT connects to everything, but the mount, iOptron iEQ45 pro, whilst connected and reporting correctly on the handset, every time I try to move the scope with APT, says it is unable to report RA or Dec coordinates.
I have tried all the usual plug/unplug - switch on & off etc, but nothing.
iOptron Commander is connected and reports the correct zero position - I am using ASCOM which as I say, gave no issues this time last week.
Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received.
PS
I'm just rebooting the mount computer to see if that works
I'll report straight back if it does.
Thanks
Keith
iOptron/APT RA & Dec exception occurred
- Yoddha
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16269
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
- Reputation: 833
- Location: Bulgaria
- Contact:
Hi Keith,
Did the reboot help?
Did the reboot help?
Clear skies,
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Hi Ivo
No the reboot did nothing. Eventually, APT reported no iOptron device found, yet the handset worked fine.
I decided that it was most likely the RS232 cable, so I ordered a new one.
When that came I tested it. APT connected and it worked, but only briefly. After a few minutes, it went through the same failures, eventually reporting 'no iOptron device found' again, then the handset started reporting a mainboard failure!
I'm still thinking that it's a mount failure and nothing to do with APT, so I'm seeking some advice from an iOptron dealer.
Have you heard of any similar issues?
Many thanks
Keith
No the reboot did nothing. Eventually, APT reported no iOptron device found, yet the handset worked fine.
I decided that it was most likely the RS232 cable, so I ordered a new one.
When that came I tested it. APT connected and it worked, but only briefly. After a few minutes, it went through the same failures, eventually reporting 'no iOptron device found' again, then the handset started reporting a mainboard failure!
I'm still thinking that it's a mount failure and nothing to do with APT, so I'm seeking some advice from an iOptron dealer.
Have you heard of any similar issues?
Many thanks
Keith
- Yoddha
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16269
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
- Reputation: 833
- Location: Bulgaria
- Contact:
Hi Keith,
I'm afraid that this looks like a hardware problem
I'm afraid that this looks like a hardware problem
Clear skies,
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)




