Does anyone know if it is possible to stop the tracking of the Astro-electronic FS2 with APT? I have successfully installed the recommended Ascom Advanced LX200 driver under POTH Hub but although I can slew to any object and set the parking position of the scope for the end of the session I am unable to stop the tracking of the FS2. In the APT log box it reads that the tracking is off but the mount actually continues to track the sky.
Thank you very much for your help
Gianluca
Advanced LX200 driver 6.4.0
- Yoddha
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16269
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
- Reputation: 833
- Location: Bulgaria
- Contact:
Hello Gianluca,
Welcome to the forum!
When you use the Park button does it continue to track after reaching the position? Also are there error messages in the Log panel?
Welcome to the forum!
When you use the Park button does it continue to track after reaching the position? Also are there error messages in the Log panel?
Clear skies,
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
-
Gianluca67
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:45 pm
- Reputation: 3
Hello Ivo,
I have managed to stop the tracking of my FS2 by setting 1.0x speed directly on the keypad of the FS2. I can see no error in the Log panel of Apt when executing both the park and stop tracking commands but the scope continue to track anyway aside than by setting the slewing speed at 1.0x.
I have managed to stop the tracking of my FS2 by setting 1.0x speed directly on the keypad of the FS2. I can see no error in the Log panel of Apt when executing both the park and stop tracking commands but the scope continue to track anyway aside than by setting the slewing speed at 1.0x.
- Yoddha
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16269
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
- Reputation: 833
- Location: Bulgaria
- Contact:
Hello Gianluca,
I have tried to read the FS2 page, but it is confusing
Do you have contact of the author who wrote the ASCOM driver? Maybe only small fix is needed to make the park and tracking commands working?
I have tried to read the FS2 page, but it is confusing
Clear skies,
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
-
Gianluca67
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:45 pm
- Reputation: 3
Hi Ivo,
the references for the advanced LX200 driver 6.4.0 is at the following link:
https://pixelstelescopes.wordpress.com/advanced-lx200/
I could find a demo of the driver author on you tube at the following link (unfortunately he speaks German):
https://pixelstelescopes.wordpress.com/advanced-lx200/
I think the author is a certain Charles Lemaire but I have no contacts other than the two above-mentioned links.
Gianluca
the references for the advanced LX200 driver 6.4.0 is at the following link:
https://pixelstelescopes.wordpress.com/advanced-lx200/
I could find a demo of the driver author on you tube at the following link (unfortunately he speaks German):
https://pixelstelescopes.wordpress.com/advanced-lx200/
I think the author is a certain Charles Lemaire but I have no contacts other than the two above-mentioned links.
Gianluca
- Yoddha
- Site Admin
- Posts: 16269
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
- Reputation: 833
- Location: Bulgaria
- Contact:
Hi Gianluca,
If setting the slewing speed at 1.0x helps to control the tracking then the parking could be achieved with slew to defined Alt/Az coordinates.
If setting the slewing speed at 1.0x helps to control the tracking then the parking could be achieved with slew to defined Alt/Az coordinates.
Clear skies,
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
Ivo
May the weather be with you!
Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)




