New Rig on Order, hope to be imaging sooner than later

A warm place for talks
Post Reply
chris_g
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:16 am
Reputation: 377
Location: Louisiana, USA
Contact:

Hi Ivo,

Just ordered the Dwarf Lab Draco, unfortunately it's not ASCOM supported but I can use APT's database functions and planning tools when I do use it. It does support a standard image workflow with exporting image data in TIFF/FITS format and I remembered APT's database import and indexing routines. It's really more for the truly portable rig, all in one box, so even less excuses not to pack up some weekend to a dark sky. Breaking down and packing the AZ-EQ5 along with telescopes and related accessories can be a pain, as I'm sure you know. A true grab and go. It should be here some time in December. I remember the initial wait for my first rig to show up back in 21, feel much the same way. My personal dark sky spot is slowly coming along; I've got everything needed to set an outdoor observing area to begin while I figure out the dome, but it's just to far away right now to get to reliably.

Clear Skies,
Chris
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
User avatar
Yoddha
Site Admin
Posts: 16269
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 833
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Hi Chris,

I'm curious how this Draco will behave :) The SeeStars are nice way to jump into the hobby... Will see how the automation will work with more aperture :)
Clear skies,
Ivo

May the weather be with you!

Astro Photography Tool (APT v4.80) - The Imaging Catalyst
My images (6 AAPODs, 1 Published)
chris_g
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:16 am
Reputation: 377
Location: Louisiana, USA
Contact:

Hi ivo,

The aperture was the big draw, with an effective fl of 1200 due to the crop factor of the sensor. I've seen one photo taken with it so far on dwarf lab's Web site. It was a mosaic I believe.

I'm looking forward to it, no equipment teardown at the end of the night and alignment is supposed to be easy

Clear skies,
Chris
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
Post Reply