New ASCOM driver for Ecowitt weather stations

All news and announcements are here
chris_g
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:16 am
Reputation: 377
Location: Louisiana, USA
Contact:

HI Ivo,

A quick note, the driver connected to the WS3901 console with no issues and returned normal test data when set to internal temp. However, the delivery didn't make it until late so I can't test the outdoor sensor yet. APT reported an awfully hot indoor temp and dew point, think I moved to Venus!
Temp Not Correct - Ecowitt 3901.jpg
More food for thought, store the weather telemetry in it's own table. Easier to do searches I would imagine

Clear Skies
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
chris_g
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:16 am
Reputation: 377
Location: Louisiana, USA
Contact:

Hi Ivo,

Got the rain sensor configured, when I reconfiugred the driver to read the outdoor temp, it was good. It's only inflating the temperature if the indoor sensor is selected in the driver. Not a big deal, who wants to know what the temp is inside anyway!

Thank you for this. ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Clear Skies,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
chris_g
Posts: 921
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:16 am
Reputation: 377
Location: Louisiana, USA
Contact:

Hi Ivo,

Been playing with the sensor, I think there may be something wrong with the dew calculation. The console reports a dew point of 55.8 F but APT shows it at 85.3 F. I checked the test page and it's showing 29.6C from the sensor.

I did some digging on the API and the byte should be #define ITEM_DEWPOINT 0x03 // Dew point (℃) 2 bytes. I ran a python script to pull that byte with a GetLIveWeather call from the console and it returned what the console displayed. If I had to hazard a guess on what might be wrong, I think you're using the Wind Chill byte, #4

Hope this helps.

Clear Skies,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Cam: Canon 6D (Ha mod), 600D (Stock), SVBony SV405CC
Image OTA: EvoStar ED80, WO Z73, C8-A XLT
Mount: EQ6-R Pro Pier, AZ-EQ5 Pro Pier
Guide OTA: Orion 60mm, WO 32mm, ZWO OAG
Guide Cam: ZWO 120mm, 290mm mini
EAA OTA: Orion ST80
EAA Cam: SVBony SV705C
Post Reply