hi Ivo
I was initially using 4.70 and changed last night to 4.74. It did not seem to make any difference to the result.
Tony
Search found 34 matches
- Sun Apr 19, 2026 3:20 pm
- Forum: Mounts & Telescopes
- Topic: paps problem
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1410
- Sun Apr 19, 2026 11:48 am
- Forum: Mounts & Telescopes
- Topic: paps problem
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1410
Re: paps problem
A bit more information. Although paps went through the motions as if it was satisfactorily doing polar alignment. It was degrees out in both RA and DEC.
Am I asking too much to expect paps to work with a long focal length scope?
Am I asking too much to expect paps to work with a long focal length scope?
- Sun Apr 19, 2026 1:57 am
- Forum: Mounts & Telescopes
- Topic: paps problem
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1410
paps problem
I have always used the QHY Polemaster for polar alignment, but I thought I would give APT's paps a go. Using my 480mm refractor and QHY268m it worked well and I had much less guiding input than with the polemaster. I then tried it with my altair astro RC8 and again it worked fine, or so it seemed. E...
- Thu May 22, 2025 1:49 am
- Forum: Filter Wheels
- Topic: manual filter change does not update filename
- Replies: 2
- Views: 13869
Re: manual filter change does not update filename
Ivo
Sorry for the late reply.
I didn't edit the plan to start with S. I thought it would have been sufficient to move to the S filter using the "go to filter" control. I have since been editing the plan and that has worked fine.
Tony
Sorry for the late reply.
I didn't edit the plan to start with S. I thought it would have been sufficient to move to the S filter using the "go to filter" control. I have since been editing the plan and that has worked fine.
Tony
- Tue May 13, 2025 6:20 pm
- Forum: Filter Wheels
- Topic: manual filter change does not update filename
- Replies: 2
- Views: 13869
manual filter change does not update filename
I am using a QHYCFW3-L filter wheel on version 4.62 of APT. I have a plan set up to take images in Ha, S then O. Last night I wanted to start with S so I manually selected that filter, which appeared, from the images, to work correctly, however the filenames kept the plan order, Ha then S. I have ju...
- Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:06 am
- Forum: General
- Topic: problems from a novice
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1554
Re: problems from a novice
Thanks Jim as well
Tony
Tony
- Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:05 am
- Forum: General
- Topic: problems from a novice
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1554
Re: problems from a novice
Thanks Chris, i will pass the info on.
Tony
Tony
- Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:29 pm
- Forum: General
- Topic: problems from a novice
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1554
problems from a novice
Ivo A friend of mine has just bought a qhy268m and has decided to start using APT with it. He has gone on holiday so has limited internet access, but has come across a couple of problems getting to grips with v4.01. Initially all worked well but today, while experiementing in daylight, APT stored al...
- Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:08 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5385
Re: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
Ivo
I reaiise that I did not have the option to save the focusing images ticked. I have ticked it now but the weather does not look good for the next few days.
Certainly I have over 200 stars so I will make the changes you suggest and see what happens.
thanks
Tony
I reaiise that I did not have the option to save the focusing images ticked. I have ticked it now but the weather does not look good for the next few days.
Certainly I have over 200 stars so I will make the changes you suggest and see what happens.
thanks
Tony
- Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:14 am
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5385
Re: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
Ivo
Here are the settings. regards
Tony
Here are the settings. regards
Tony
- Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:45 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5385
Re: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
Hi Ivo
I am using 3.98.1, but it was the same in the earlier versions.
Does the image file size have an effect as I am using a QHY268C and each frame is 51mb.
I have only used HFD so far as I cannot get any usable results from Invpower.
regards
Tony
I am using 3.98.1, but it was the same in the earlier versions.
Does the image file size have an effect as I am using a QHY268C and each frame is 51mb.
I have only used HFD so far as I cannot get any usable results from Invpower.
regards
Tony
- Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:38 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5385
Re: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
Hi Ivo
Just had a look and it is unchecked.
Tony
Just had a look and it is unchecked.
Tony
- Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:55 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5385
Re: Does FocusCraft always need to be calculating?
Ivo I do not know if this is related, but a while ago I mentioned that my screen was blanking when calling autofocus with focuscraft. I thought it was the video RAM but it is still doing it. I use a HitecAstro Focusmaster V1 and according to Hitecastro it is to do with communication of the focusser ...
- Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:26 pm
- Forum: The Lab
- Topic: APT 3.95 and later
- Replies: 160
- Views: 83674
Re: APT 3.95 and later
Hello Ivo I notice that the three points are close to Dec 00. Does PAPS choose the positions where it takes the images or can the user specify the areas? I currently use the QHY Polemaster and that takes three fields rotating around the pole star. The alignment is usually within 30 secs. (at least t...
- Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:08 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: screen very slow refreshinging during auto focus
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2723
Re: screen very slow refreshinging during auto focus
Ivo
To give you an update, I am using a QHT268C camera so APT is processing 50Mb images every 0.25sec during an autofocus run. I discovered that the laptop was only allocating 32Mb of RAM to video. i have increased this and now everything is behaving itself.
Tony
To give you an update, I am using a QHT268C camera so APT is processing 50Mb images every 0.25sec during an autofocus run. I discovered that the laptop was only allocating 32Mb of RAM to video. i have increased this and now everything is behaving itself.
Tony
- Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:55 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: screen very slow refreshinging during auto focus
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2723
Re: screen very slow refreshinging during auto focus
Hello Ivo Thanks for the reply. so far I have not been able to get Invpower to work. The points do not create a curve, they seem to be almost random. I have reduced the exposure to 0.25 sec, then back higher when it said it did not find any stars. Do you think that I am somehow just overloading the ...
- Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:27 pm
- Forum: Auto-Focusing
- Topic: screen very slow refreshinging during auto focus
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2723
screen very slow refreshinging during auto focus
To be honest I do not know if this is related to 3.9+ or auto focussing as I have only just managed to successfully make auto focus work. During autocussing using focuscraft and HFD the screen sometimes takes ages to refresh. As far as I can see using task Manager neither the cpu nor memory are maxi...
- Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:55 pm
- Forum: The Lab
- Topic: CMOS mode in filename
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4762
Re: CMOS mode in filename
Thanks Ivo
regards
Tony
regards
Tony
- Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm
- Forum: The Lab
- Topic: CMOS mode in filename
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4762
Re: CMOS mode in filename
Ivo
Sorry, I did not explain that very well.
Is it possible for APT to pick up the mode automatically and include it in the filename?
Tony
Sorry, I did not explain that very well.
Is it possible for APT to pick up the mode automatically and include it in the filename?
Tony
- Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:58 am
- Forum: The Lab
- Topic: CMOS mode in filename
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4762
CMOS mode in filename
Ivo I might be missing something, but it does not seem to be possible to include the camera (QHY268C) in the filename. Is there a way that this can be included? if I forget what mode I have used for a particular set it will make calibration a problem. If it is not currently possible I wonder if the ...




